Sunday, June 16, 2013

Date Night

Caleb and I try to have a date night at least a couple nights a month. And we treat our date nights just as they were when we were dating --we get dressed up, we do something out of the ordinary, we eat amazing food, and we just enjoy each other (and of course I take photos and Caleb makes them look ridiculous).  
 
For our date night we were craving Indian food, and I didn't realize how much I wanted Indian food until we got there and started ordering. I spent 3 and a half months living in India a couple years back and there was so much delicious food I had forgotten about. 
We went to Sansar restaurant on 1st Street in downtown Livermore and even though this was our 2nd time at this restaurant it basically felt like our first because I was giving Caleb a taste of the goodness we had in India that I didn't think of before (including Samosas! Ahh soo good!).
 Seriously, if you remember anything from this post and you are considering going to an Indian restaurant, always always order Naan (cheese or garlic) and Samosas. Naan is an Indian flat bread that is kind of a cross between a tortilla and pita bread, but so much more flavorful and fluffy. And Samosas are fried dough pockets filled with potatoes, peas, carrots, and so many good spices. 
 We also ordered Dal soup to go over our rice, which is really flavorful lentil soup and for our main meal, a Sizzling hot plate of Tandoori mixed grill which had Chicken, pork, lamb, shrimp and vegetables over Basmati Rice. And when I was in India I assumed Tandoori was a type of spice, but come to find it's a type of clay oven that give the grilled meat a very distinct taste. 
 Super yum. Hands down. And FYI, American Indian food is definitely less spicy than food from India, so if you're scared of the spice don't be!
Usually going to fancier restaurants, Caleb and I aren't very full afterwards, but man oh man were we ever! And it felt so good and tasted even better. But because we were soon going into food coma mode we decided to hang out at the furniture store across the street and find the most comfy couches and chairs we could find. 
Caleb hates taking posed photos with me. If you couldn't tell by the fake, overdone smile on his face :P But at least I was able to get a photo of our outfits!
After dinner we headed over to the family's house for dessert. It was fondue night as requested by Caleb's sister for her last evening at home before leaving for the summer. 
And let me tell you, this family is very serious about their chocolate. My kind of family. 
But after all the chocolate and a hilarious game of super quick charades, we then all preceded to get very giggly, loud, and OBNOXIOUS. But in a good, hilarious way. :)
Especially this one...
The many faces of my sister-in-law. She will be missed this summer! 
It was a fun and successful date night and I am continually reminded...

Isn't life loverly?

Until next time,
-xo Alicia


No comments:

Post a Comment